Friday, September 15, 2006

Eye of the Storm

...do I discriminate? I think I do without knowing it but how do I know if I am? Does it matter what race or eye color we have when we talk to others? do we 'pick' our friends? I don't know the answers to these but the following video by Jane Elliot do throw some light on the issue.

In 1968 she ran an experiment in her classroom where she brought the kids to the eye of the storm. She divided the students based on their eye-color and told one group that they were superior to the other and vicea versa. This had an interesting effect on the students .... to find out more check out this video

2 comments:

A Anand said...

Very interesting..luckily they didnt sue their teacher :)

Alok said...

Actually they probably appreciated the lessons. A lot of them came back for a reunion, I believe. Jane Elliot, was still holding those classes - saw her on 20/20 on ABC recently.