Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bob Sinclair's Videos and Who's the kid?!

Who is Bob Sinclair?
I don't know but I found his music on youtube, the very first song I heard was "Love generation" - it has a very catchy tune with a wonderful video about this little kid travelling around the world in a day on his bike.... great message and all that - end of story yeah? ...

There's More
So the other day, I discover another of Bob Sinclair's videos under interesting circumstances. Now, since I do not want to distract you with that story I will not mention it ...but it did prove that I was learning about this artist not via some promo, but via youtube videos where people had used his music as a background (humm).

Anyhoo ... I searched for this new song (atleast new to me, who know how long its been out there until I learn't about it just then) ...and found that it is a remix with the famous 80s slogan "Everybody Dance now". This song, i.e. Sinclair's version, is called "Rock this party" and features Elephant Man with his 'island' accent ...not bad eh?!

"yeah!", I thought, "this is pretty cool ... a new video to dance to."

The Observation
Well not quite, you see, at this point I saw the video and realized it was 'different' ...it featured the same kid as in his previous videos (oh, did I tell you I'd seen another video of this and don't remember what it is called now?!) ...and looks like Sinclair's made this video a kid's version of a hip-hop video.

Who's The Kid?
Quite cute & all that, but I could not help but wonder who this kid was and why Sinclair was using him in the videos so much? Are these a series of videos that string together into a movie? Does Bob Sinclair's video director/casting person have a 'n-video' contract with the kid's agent/parents - (with an Indian Accent) "Yes sir! He will do a total of 5 videos for Mister Sinclair. Very Good (desi head nod)" ?

What's going on here?

Okay, I also wondered if Bob Sinclair is his dad! I mean think about it ...you have a song, you want to make a music video ...why not get your kid famous?! yeah!

Anyways, see for yourself ....

Bob Sinclair's Videos On YouTube.com:
1. Love Generation








2. World Hold On








3. Rock This Party

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost 3 years later:

David Beaudoin

--
Frank

Alok said...

Thanks Frank. So now I know ... gotta check out the songs again. Been a while!