Sunday, December 10, 2006

Packers Game and a dinner ...

...it was so unlike other fall Sundays! KB had bought 2 tickets to the Packers game (think we were playing Arizona), and was hell bent upon making sure I got up much much earlier than I would on this holiest of sleeping days. Grrr.

Waking up early on a Lazy Sunday:
So it was after quite a bit of cribbing that I woke up (But not befor I told him to get face paint from WalMart and stole another 10-15mins of sleep) ...and cribbed again about how I had to goto a stupid football game. Aaaah, I always do that - but once you have me there with a couple of pints - its a different story! And it was.















Waking up with coffee is not the same as with beer:
By kickoff time, KB and I were in the stadium after tailgating for a bit ....the few odd beers and Yeager bombs were waking me up but this was different than a coffee wake up - oh so not the same. With coffee it is more like your brain wakes up and you are thinking, working, doing stuff until it wears off and your head hurts ....whereas waking up with y'bombs and beer wakes up just the primal part of your brain, in my case the football loving hunting-gathering 'me gonna kick you ass' part - "yeah!" is all this guy knows ...YEAH!

So here we were ... buzzed and way up on the LAST freaking stand (60s something) inside Lambeau stadium. It was such a long climb that I thought I will need another beer to maintain the buzz, at which point that brain part I told you about earlier yelled "YEAH!". It was quite sunny for a fall day in Green Bay and the F16s had just boomed past indicating the game was about to begin ...this is when I noticed my new to be friends, sitting right in front of us.

Goras, Goris and "Banjo":
We, KB and I, debated for the longest time if the chicks in front were married to the dudes they were sitting with or not ...so I decided to find out. The idea was to let the "primal" brain take over do the talking, this required that sportsman-like finess and the face paint and beers helped! By Half-time I was already working into the plan, should obscenities in Hindi/Punjabi at every play "benc*", "teri ma di" and other such words which would also end with an emphatic "hell yeah" - for some familiarity.

There it was! A bunch of "foreigners" yelling some cool-sounding obscenities, after each play, was too much for the girls, especially something as catchy as "beeeeenchhhhhooood", they fell right into the trap and turned around to ask us what "benjoooo" meant!

Now that we had them where we wanted them, I wanted to have them join me in saying it as well. Haha. It was fun hearing them say it and then I'd go "no no, go - 'o-Ben-chooo' ", and put extra emphasis on the "ben" or even change how I said it each time, just to mess with them. Looked like the had fun 'cause they kept saying it and then others joined in. Our section of Lambeau sounded so desi .....hell yeahs!

It was fun overall, but we never did find out if they were married or not - I mean who cares ... I got some Green Bay natives to swear in Punjabi at a Packer game ...."YEAH!" That's what it is all about! Hey, I even got the guys saying "Banjo! Bannnjooo", eventually gora guys with try out new things if the goris think it is cool ...seriously, try it!

Dinner:
Anyways, there was a dinner after that at Gurdish's ...and boy was I still in "HELL YEAH" phase ...hard to turn off the adrenaline pump once its on! *grin* Lets just say, my primal friend made an ass out of me ...aaaaah it was all in good fun. yeah!

No comments: